The wife of the head of the Rostec state corporation, Sergei Chemezov, a longtime ally of the Russian president, received a stake in a company that supplies vegetables to Vladimir Putin's guards. Ekaterina Ignatova became a co-founder of Integrated Delivery LLC, drew the attention of the We Can Explain Telegram channel.
The corresponding entry in the Unified State Register of Legal Entities appeared on October 28. Chemezov's wife owns 40% of the company, and the remaining 60% is owned by entrepreneur Andrey Rotsko, who was accused of especially large-scale fraud, and the case against him was subsequently dropped . Now Ignatova's firm supplies products for state departments. So, potatoes, carrots and cabbage were supplied to the Federal Security Service (FSO).
This is not the only business Ignatova. For more than ten years, Ignatova was the main owner of the Katya company, which developed the Russian automatic transmission for AvtoVAZ. Hundreds of millions of budget rubles were spent on this, and the production of spare parts was never created. Ignatova, during this time, became one of the richest women in Russia. The fact that import substitution failed became known after the imposition of sanctions against Russian enterprises due to the war in Ukraine. At the same time, the company's profit in 2021 reached almost 700 million rubles.
In the list of the richest Russian women according to Forbes, Ignatova is in 23rd place.
In March, the US imposed full blocking sanctions against several of Putin's associates. These were including Sergey Chemezov , oligarchs Boris and Arkady Rotenberg, Igor Shuvalov, Yevgeny Prigozhin and Alisher Usmanov.