Putin addressed the Russians and announced a partial mobilization from today, September 21. The decree was published on the Kremlin website.
“Only citizens who are currently in the reserve, and above all those who served in the Armed Forces, have certain military specialties and relevant experience, will be subject to conscription for military service. Those called up for military service before being sent to units will undergo additional military training without fail, taking into account the experience of a special military operation.
I instruct the heads of regions to provide all necessary assistance to the work of military commissariats. All issues of material, resource and financial support for defense enterprises must be resolved by the government immediately.
The regime of repressions throughout Ukraine was strengthened in the harshest way. The policy of intimidation, terror, and violence is assuming more and more terrible, barbaric forms. We have no moral right to hand over people close to us to be torn to pieces by the executioner, we cannot but respond to their aspirations to determine their own future.
I have already given instructions to the Government and the Ministry of Defense in full and in the shortest possible time to determine the legal status of volunteers and fighters of the LPR and DPR. It should be the same as that of the regular military, including medical care, social guarantees. Particular attention should be paid to their equipment equipment.
The goal of the West is to weaken, divide and destroy our country. They directly say that in 1991 they were able to split the USSR, and now the time has come for the Russian Federation itself, that it should break up into many warring regions. A new next, as it had happened twice before, a large-scale offensive in the Donbass was inevitable, and then an attack on the Crimea. And a decision on a pre-emptive operation was necessary.”
Decree on partial mobilization. The main thing from the document
- Citizens of the Russian Federation called up for military service by mobilization have the status of military personnel serving in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation under a contract. The monetary content is similar to the monetary content of contractors.
- Contracts for military service concluded by military personnel continue to be valid until the end of the period of partial mobilization, with the exception of cases of dismissal of military personnel from military service on the grounds established by this decree.
- To provide citizens of the Russian Federation working in organizations of the military-industrial complex with the right to deferment from conscription for military service for mobilization (for the period of work in these organizations).
Grounds for dismissal from military service:
- by age - upon reaching the age limit for military service;
- for health reasons - in connection with their recognition by the military medical commission as unfit for military service, with the exception of military personnel who have expressed a desire to continue military service in military positions that can be replaced by the specified military personnel;
- in connection with the entry into force of the court verdict on the imposition of punishment in the form of deprivation of liberty.