Moscow City Duma deputies Evgeny Stupin (KPRF), Maxim Kruglov (Yabloko) and Mikhail Timonov (Fair Russia) drew attention to the fact that officially “partial” mobilization has not been completed, and demanded that Vladimir Putin issue a corresponding decree.
However, the state-legal department of the Moscow City Duma refused to register the appeal to Putin, the deputies said in a video message posted by Stupin on the YouTube channel.
The authors of the appeal were told that such issues are not within the competence of the city parliament. However, the Administration has no right to restrict deputies in such appeals. Now Stupin, Kruglov and Timonov sent their appeal directly to Putin and duplicated it to the speaker of the Moscow City Duma.
“Officially, partial mobilization has not been completed. This legal gap needs to be addressed, which will bring peace to millions of families across Russia. This requires the issuance of a decree on the completion of mobilization! The draft of such an appeal to Putin was proposed by the deputies to be adopted by the Duma. But Edrosov official Krutyshev A.V. refused to put an introductory visa on the project!” - says the description of the video message.
On October 28, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu reported to Putin that the “partial” mobilization activities had been completed, but no decree had been issued to complete it. When asked if the Ministry of Defense could send new mobilization tasks to the regions, that is, to resume the call for mobilization, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov replied: “In this case, there was a statement by the Minister of Defense, we need to focus on it.” According to human rights activist Alexei Tabalov, the authorities do not want to issue a document in order to reserve the opportunity to continue recruiting military personnel as part of mobilization, while avoiding image losses.