Russian students will be prepared for war - Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin signed a decree on the creation of military training centers at 16 universities. The document was posted on the official portal of legal information, Meduza drew attention to it. The centers should be created by the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Education and Science. The new structures will have:
- Astrakhan State University;
- Vyatka State Agrotechnical University;
- Far Eastern State Agrarian University;
- Izhevsk State Technical University;
- Lipetsk State Technical University;
- Mordovia State University;
- Novgorod State University;
- Orel State University;
- Volga State Technological University;
- Pskov State University;
- Sakhalin State University;
- Smolensk State University;
- Tyumen State University;
- Cherepovets State University.
- Chechen State University;
- Yaroslavl State Technical University.
In November, it was also reported that the Ministry of Education is developing a military training course for schools and colleges. It was planned to allocate 35 hours a week for military training of schoolchildren and students. In particular, children were going to be taught how to use hand grenades and a Kalashnikov assault rifle.
It was proposed to teach schoolchildren to throw grenades back in 2019. The senator from the Kirov region then said that a child who does not know how to do this is “an abnormal phenomenon.” He also stated that a pacifist would never defend his homeland and that the abolition of the study of NVP is "playing into someone's hands."