The Administration of the President of Russia officially announced that the decree on mobilization continues. Artur Gaiduk, deputy of the Pskov regional assembly, received such a response from Yabloko after a corresponding request.
The document from the Presidential Administration says that although the measures to call up the reserve have been completed, the mobilization decree continues:
“On 10/28/2022, the notification and call-up of citizens in the reserve has been completed, the military commissariats continue to recruit military units at the expense of citizens who have expressed a desire to voluntarily participate in the SVO, as well as citizens who wish to enter military service under a contract.
The Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of September 21, 2022 No. 647 “On the announcement of partial mobilization in the Russian Federation” continues.”
On October 28, 2022, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu reported to Putin that the "partial" mobilization activities had been completed, but no decree had been issued to complete it. Later, Putin, commenting on the lack of an official document on the completion of mobilization, said: “I will talk with lawyers, I didn’t even think about it, whether it is necessary to declare by decree that it [mobilization] is completed. But it is completed, the point is set. Later it became known that the publication of such a decree is not planned.
In early December, several Moscow City Duma deputies demanded that Putin issue a decree to complete the mobilization, but the Moscow City Duma refused to register their appeal. And already at the end of December, Putin himself created a working group on "questions of mobilization", which was declared "completed".
According to The Times, a new wave of mobilization can soon be expected in Russia, within which it is planned to call up about 500,000 people.