PMC Wagner is fully supported by the state, Vladimir Putin said . According to him, for the year alone, from May last year to May this year, the PMC received 86 billion rubles from the budget for salaries and incentive payments for fighters.
Putin also said that the Concorde company, which owns the Wagner PMC, earned 80 billion rubles on government contracts over the year. “I hope that no one stole anything or stole less, but we will deal with it all,” Putin said , speaking of Wagner’s leadership.
Recall that on June 24, in agreement with Vladimir Putin, Alexander Lukashenko held talks with Yevgeny Prigozhin, who organized a military campaign against Moscow. They ended with an agreement to start de-escalation and stop the movement of Wagnerites across Russia. Prigozhin himself announced that his mercenaries were leaving for their places of deployment. Later, the press secretary of the Russian president, Dmitry Peskov, said that all charges against the head of the Wagner PMC would be dropped, and he would "leave for Belarus."
After the failed rebellion, Prigozhin stated that “the purpose of the campaign was to prevent the destruction of the Wagner PMC and to bring to justice all persons who, through their unprofessional actions, made a huge number of mistakes during the SVO.”
According to him, the Wagner PMC was supposedly going to disarm on June 30, but a blow was dealt to the militants, as a result of which about 30 people were killed.
“We did not want to shed Russian blood. We went to demonstrate our protest, and not to overthrow the government in the country,” Prigozhin said.