In the main recruiting center of PMC Wagner, they said that they did not know anything about the transfer to Belarus, the mercenaries continue to remain in the combat zone with Ukraine. A journalist from the Belarusian publication Zerkalo got through to the main center.
The correspondent of the publication, under the guise of a serviceman, called the center and asked if he had the opportunity to transfer to Belarus now. The following dialogue followed:
— Which Belarus? Where are you going to transfer?
But Putin said that it is possible.
- We are operating normally. Our base is located in the Krasnodar Territory, Molkino farm.
- But I am in the NWO zone, I want to transfer to Belarus ...
- We are not going to any Belarus. We do not have such information.
Then the journalist called another number of the main recruiting center and introduced himself as an interested job seeker. An employee of PMC Wagner said that the recruitment continues, but so far nothing has been heard about the fact that mercenaries can be sent to Belarus. The employee said that they were “not reported” and they did not have such information.
If you sign up now, they will send you to the war in Ukraine, while “no one is going to Belarus” yet, the center of the PMC stressed.
In the Wagner PMC recruitment center in the Astrakhan region, the correspondent, who introduced himself as an interested person, was asked his age and state of health, whether he had a criminal record, and whether he was wanted or under investigation. Then he was offered to take a physical fitness test, and then enroll in mercenaries. When asked if he could go to Belarus, he was answered:
“We still ship to Ukraine. Wherever they send it, they take it there. So far, no one has been sent to any Belarus. All through the training center. First, we study for three weeks in the Krasnodar Territory, then we go to the NWO zone.”
The recruitment center in Kaliningrad also did not hear anything about sending PMC fighters to Belarus.
On the night of June 24, the head of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, began the “March of Justice” against Moscow. Before that, he claimed that the places of deployment of his fighters were fired upon by the forces of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. The MoD denies this information. On June 24, PMC fighters entered Rostov-on-Don, they were moving towards the capital through the Voronezh and Lipetsk regions. During the advance, the mercenaries damaged roads, destroyed at least two combat helicopters and one plane, the losses of the Russian army ranged from 4 to 20 people. On the evening of June 24, a Ka-52 Alligator helicopter was reported shot down near the Voronezh village of Komintern and two dead pilots.
Less than a day later, Prigozhin deployed his columns, the press service of Alexander Lukashenko stated that this was done by the "agreement" of the Belarusian leader with the head of the PMC. Presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov promised that the founder of PMC Wagner would "leave for Belarus." On the morning of June 27, Prigozhin's plane landed in Belarus, whether he was on board is unknown. The FSB said that the criminal case on the armed rebellion was closed. The Ministry of Defense announced preparations for the transfer of heavy military equipment from PMC Wagner to units of the RF Armed Forces. Lukashenka said that the Wagnerites on the territory of Belarus “will tell you what is important now,” since they have experience on the front lines.